(a) to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Poodles and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection;
(b) to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Poodles shall be judged;
(c) to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience trials and/or agility events;
(d) to conduct Specialties under the rules of The American Kennel Club;
(e) to promote improved communications, understanding, and relationships between Poodles breeders/owners, potential owners and the Poodle fancier. We appreciate your interest and hope you will join us in striving to leave a legacy of improved health for future Poodles, their breeders, their owners and their fancier.
The Poodle Club of the Lehigh Valley was established in 1971:
- To encourage and promote the breeding, training and exhibiting of pure-bred poodles.
- To do everything possible to bring their natural qualities and abilities to perfection.
- The club encourages all members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which poodles are judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials.
- To conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty show and obedience trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club.
Members of the William Penn Poodle Club are actively engaged in promoting the poodle breed in all three varieties, Toys, Miniatures and Standards.
If you are looking for a new member for your family, check out our Litterbox for announcements on new and upcoming litters of puppies. Also, look on our member page and contact anyone listed in the variety you seek.
Members are always eager to help you in finding a new dog or puppy and may know of other members with dogs available. Please also visit our Rescue page for possible opportunities there. William Penn Poodle Club was formed in 1953 and incorporated in 1970. An affiliate of the Poodle Club of America, WPPC aims to encourage Poodle breeding in accordance with the Standard for the Breed and thereby do all possible to bring the Poodle’s natural qualities to perfection.
WPPC encourages the exhibition of Poodles in conformation, obedience and as many other fields as possible.